Keeping you safe during your visit
At Stirling Old Town Jail we will be taking the following measures to keep our visitors and inmates safe when we are open. Instead of performance tours we will be offering our new self-guided audio tours of the attraction including our exciting new ‘Scene of the Crime’ exhibition and . Below are the measures we have in place to ensure we can safely open.
- Mask: Must be worn at all times.
- Hand cleaning: Visitors are asked to use hand sanitisers available before entering the Jail.
- People with fever (≧ 37.3 ℃) cannot participate.
- Social distancing: Maintain distance of at least 2 meters.
- Masks: Must be worn at all times.
- Hand cleaning: Hands need to be cleaned regularly.
- Our team will be screened for symptoms regularly.
- You can book a maximum of 6 people from 2 households for the Jail Tour. Children under 12 are exempt but must still not be from more than 2 different households.
- Digital / touchless payment: No physical tickets allowed, only digital tickets or those with QR code entry.
- Limitation of tickets purchase: No groups of more than five.
- Staggered entry – visitors will be allowed entry on a staggered basis to allow for social distancing.
- Limitation of the number of visitors in the attraction at any one time.
- Opening hours may be restricted at times to allow for cleaning.
- Staff are trained to be aware of operations and hygiene safety and to know how to deal with emergency situations.
- Cleaning of the Jail will be increased, hand sanitisers placed in strategic locations.
- Cleaning: the attraction is cleaned and disinfected daily, same applies to toilets. Surfaces must be sterilised.
- Air: Prioritise fresh air: open the windows (for public areas, at least twice a day, 30 min up each)
Escape Room Guidance
- All touch points within the escape room are sanitised between escapes with a 30 minute provision allowed between each booking for cleaning.
- No more than 5 people from one household are allowed in the escape room at any one time with the games master – you will need to confirm this at time of booking and on arrival. Any group which does not comply with the government guidance can be refused entry.
- The Games Master and participants are to wear face coverings throughout the Escape Experience and sanitise their hands before and after entering the room.
- The Escape Room is not suitable for wheelchair users.
What we are asking you to do
- Sanitise your hands before and after tour visit
- Don’t be too early, or late, 5 minutes before your booking is perfect.
- Adhere to current Government guidelines.
- Please call or email us to reschedule if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Booking and Cancellation
If you have any concerns at all – whether someone in your group may be experiencing symptoms, or if you have decided to self-isolate or have been unable to travel – we are waiving our standard policy regarding cancellations and we will be happy to schedule your visit for a future date, or issue gift vouchers to the same value which you can use at a later date of your choosing. We shall be as flexible as we possibly can regarding dates and times.
Please be advised that due to the nature of the ongoing situation our own venues could be forced to close or postpone short notice. We will always contact you as soon as possible to advise you of any changes which may affect you.